Weekly Mountain Bike Ride
Weekly social MTB ride. Ideally suited to confident beginner to intermediate riders who have had some experience with single-track (or are willing to try). No-drop ride, suitable for mountain bikes only (or experienced CX riders). The distance varies depending on the group and route, and takes 1-1.5 hours. We usually then have a coffee & chat at a cafe in Templestowe.
* COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS *
BY ATTENDING THIS EVENT, YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL:
- not attend or participate if you are feeling unwell or experiencing any cold, flu or fever type symptoms.
- follow all current directives from Victorian Government authorities, including travel to and from the trails.
- to ‘ride within your limits - now is not the time to tackle a new technical feature.’
- practice good hygiene before, during & after the activity.
- practice a ‘get in, ride and get out’ approach to all activities.
- not share any personal gear or equipment.
- maintain at least 3m between riders whilst riding.
- maintain strictly 1.5m between parked vehicles.
- not congregate in the car park, on the trails, at trail junctions & trailheads.
Weekly Tuesday Morning MTB Ride at Candlebark Park:
Check Facebook events page for specific dates and more details
Bike Type: Mountain bikes (ok for experienced CX riders; it's a bit rocky in parts)
Meeting Location: The carpark of Candlebark Park, Kiwanis Lane, Templestowe. Enter off Fitzsimmon's Lane. If you put Kiwanis Lane into Google Maps it usually takes you to the right place.
Day/Time: 9:30am most Tuesdays.
Terrain: Mostly single-track, a bit rocky and steep in places.
Route: Usually Hans Loop / Candlebark Park.
Duration: 1 to 1.5 hours.
Distance: varies depending on group - approx 10km.
Skill Level: Suitable for Confident Beginner to Intermediate. Must be comfortable riding single track. If you are unsure if this group is suitable for you please speak to me before the ride - we can modify the route to avoid the more difficult stuff, and can talk you through anything challenging :)
Bring Your: Bike, helmet, spare tube to suit your bike, water/drink, smile.
Other suggestions: Spray jacket in case it rains, sunscreen, basic bike tools, snacks, sense of humour.
Please RSVP on Facebook or email Cazz if you will be attending - just in case the ride is cancelled or at a different location.
*Check Facebook for current ride dates & details, and in case of inclement weather.
If you have not been on a ride with me before, please also download this form (below), fill out and bring along with you to the ride.