Weekly Mountain Bike Ride
Weekly social MTB ride. Ideally suited to confident beginner to intermediate riders who have had some experience with single-track (or are willing to try). No-drop ride, suitable for mountain bikes only (or experienced CX riders). The distance varies depending on the group and route, and takes 1-1.5 hours. We usually then have a coffee & chat at a cafe in Templestowe.
Please Note: This ride group used to be for women only, but is now open to all genders. However, the majority of participants do identify as female, so if you would prefer a more male oriented group, please keep this in mind before attending.
Weekly Tuesday Morning MTB Ride at Candlebark Park:
Bike Type: Mountain bikes (ok for experienced CX riders; it's a bit rocky in parts)
Meeting Location: The carpark of Candlebark Park, Kiwanis Lane, Templestowe. Enter off Fitzsimmon's Lane. If you put Kiwanis Lane into Google Maps it usually takes you to the right place.
Day/Time: 9:30am most Tuesdays.
Terrain: Mostly single-track, a bit rocky and steep in places.
Route: Usually Hans Loop / Candlebark Park.
Duration: 1 to 1.5 hours.
Distance: varies depending on group - approx 10km.
Skill Level: Suitable for Confident Beginner to Intermediate. Must be comfortable riding single track. If you are unsure if this group is suitable for you please speak to me before the ride - we can modify the route to avoid the more difficult stuff, and can talk you through anything challenging. All of the difficult bits are "walkable".
Pace: Social, we do stop to chat a lot. It's a no-drop ride, meaning that we have "regroup" points, so you will never* get lost or left behind. *by 'never': I mean hardly ever, but if you do get lost, it'll be despite my best efforts to keep the group together, and it won't be for very long because it's a very small park, but I'll apologize in advance just in case.
Bring Your: Bike, helmet, spare tube to suit your bike, water/drink, smile.
Other suggestions: Spray jacket in case it rains, sunscreen, basic bike tools, snacks, sense of humour.
Please message me on Facebook or email if you will be attending - just in case the ride is cancelled or at a different location.
* COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS *
BY ATTENDING THIS EVENT, YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL:
- not attend or participate if you are feeling unwell or experiencing any cold, flu or fever type symptoms.
- follow all current directives from Victorian Government authorities, including travel to and from the trails.
- to ‘ride within your limits - now is not the time to tackle a new technical feature.’
- practice good hygiene before, during & after the activity.
- practice a ‘get in, ride and get out’ approach to all activities.
- not share any personal gear or equipment.
- maintain at least 3m between riders whilst riding.
- maintain strictly 1.5m between parked vehicles.
- not congregate in the car park, on the trails, at trail junctions & trailheads.
If you have not been on a ride with me before, please also download this form (below), fill out and bring along with you to the ride.